Supporting Our Military
As part of an annual team-building exercise, the entire Case and FRED families came together to assemble fifty-one military care packages, including personal messages, which were donated to Soldiers’ Angels. These care packages were then distributed to active military personnel stationed at bases around the US. Soldiers’ Angels provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and a growing veteran population.
Additionally, team members handmade nearly sixty valentines for Soldiers’ Angels as part of their Valentines for Veterans program. The valentines were distributed to patients in VA Medical Centers around the country.
As part of Soldiers’ Angels annual Warm Feet for Warriors promotion, we collected & donated 240 pairs of socks – that’s 34 lbs of socks! We also made a dozen no-sew blankets for Soldiers’ Angels. The socks and blankets were included in care packages sent to deployed men and women and distributed to veterans in VA hospitals.
For the past few years, Case employees helped to lay wreaths in Arlington National Cemetery as part of Wreaths Across America Day. They also participate in Wreaths Across America Clean-Up Day.
“This year I was able to participate in laying of wreaths at Arlington National Cemetery for Wreaths Across America thanks to Allison and our Case Cares program. It was the first time I had done this and found that it really gave me a sense of pride in our company for organizing such events and it gave me a chance to focus on important aspects of the Christmas Season such as giving back and remembering those who gave their lives so we can enjoy this time of year. I invited my wife and my youngest son to participate as well and I have to say…even my 14 year old son took pride in the event and held a true sense of reverence for the soldiers laid to rest there. Looking across the cemetery with all of the wreaths laid in place was awe-inspiring. I think I’ll make this a family tradition.” – John Audet, Case Project Developer
Case served as the general contractor on a new home built in Frederick, MD for a severely injured U.S. Marine veteran through Homes for our Troops. Founded in 2004, Homes for Our Troops is a national non-profit organization that assists veterans and their families by collecting donations of money, building materials and professional labor, as well as coordinates the process of building a specially adapted home, free of cost, to the veteran and his or her family.
Assisting Homeless Families
Since 2009 Case has partnered with Homestretch, a Falls Church-based organization, to transform their temporary housing by rehabilitating their kitchens and bathrooms. The mission of Homestretch is to empower homeless families to attain permanent housing and self-sufficiency. Since 1990 Homestretch has helped over 1,000 families.
“Homestretch is amazed and delighted by the remarkable support provided by Case Design. The mission of Homestretch is to empower homeless parents with children to secure permanent housing and to attain the skills, resources and hope to become self-sufficient; and one of the most important things we do is provide temporary housing for homeless families. We house fifty families at a time or about seventy-five families a year, all with young children, and the homes can suffer a lot of wear and tear. Almost no foundations give grants for upkeep of homes for homeless families, and for many years this was a challenge – until Case Design stepped into the breach. Case Design has provided new kitchens and bathrooms for almost half of our housing stock over the past few years, a value that is hard to measure in terms of both dollars and the inspiration it provides to families who had lived in shelters, or basements, or cars, or the streets. The professional and beautiful work accomplished by Case Design for Homestretch is one reason why so many Homestretch families make dramatic changes to their lives. They come to believe that their past is no predictor of their future; that someone believes in them enough to provide them with a lovely space to call home; and with this foundation, they can build incredible new futures. Which most do. Outcome studies show that 95% of our graduates remain housed and employed 2-5 years after leaving our care, a result that leads the nation. I urge everyone at Case Design to consider this their own achievement, too – what you do really matters; in fact, it leads to transformed lives.” – Christopher Fay, Executive Director of Homestretch
Additional Nonprofits Case Supports:
- Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN): Case employees volunteered their time by serving dinner and preparing bagged lunches for A-SPAN. A-SPAN’s mission is to secure permanent housing and provide life-sustaining services for Arlington’s most vulnerable individuals. To date, employees have logged over 200 man hours supporting A-SPAN.
- Southern Maryland Food Bank’s Meals & Hope Food Truck: Case employees donated funds to support Southern Maryland Food Bank’s mobile meal truck which provides nourishing meals and fellowship to those in the community who are unable to travel out to stationary resources.
- So Others Might Eat (SOME): Case donated a Silent Auction item to SOME’s Gala and Silent Auction. SOME’s hallmark continuum of care serves to alleviate suffering and foster self-sufficiency among the people they serve. The programs are organized into three levels: emergency programs that meet acute needs; rebuilding programs that address the underlying causes of homelessness and poverty; and stability programs that facilitate the maintenance of health, sobriety and income gained through the first two levels of programs.
For the past six years Case has participated in the DC Design House benefiting Children’s National Health Systems. To date, the DC Design House has raised over $1.78 million dollars and is a leading annual fundraiser event for Children’s National.
For the past 3 years, Case employees have hosted toy drives supporting Horton’s Kids’ annual holiday program, Xmas Shop. Case employees also hosted a school supply drive supporting Operation Backpacks. Team members collected enough school supplies to stuff over 30 backpacks so the children could go back to school prepared and ready to learn. Horton’s Kids empowers children growing up in one of DC’s most violent, under-resourced communities to graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. They serve 500 children in grades K-12 living in Wellington Park, a neighborhood where 80 percent of adults don’t have a high school diploma and the average annual household income is less than $10,000.
Case employees have also participated in the Light Up the Season event supporting Children’s National Health. Light Up the Season is a family-friendly community fundraising event featuring designer-decorated holiday trees, menorahs, mantle pieces, and wreaths. Each original piece is a unique collaboration between a patient of Children’s National and a notable area designer.
“Participating in the Light Up the Season event this year with our patient artist, and working with her to create her perfect Christmas Tree was an awesome experience. As a designer, I know what it’s like to work hard on a project and at the end have my vision come to life. It’s a very rewarding moment, and to now be able to help make a child’s vision come to life through design is really special.” – Alexandria Hubbard, Case Designer – Interior Specialist
Other ways Case has given back to area children include: hosting a food drive for Children’s Inn at NIH, building and donating twenty-five bicycles to children in the Homestretch program for the holidays, donating over 1,000 books to the Payne Elementary School library, and filling and donating over 250 backpacks with school supplies to the children of Payne Elementary School.
Habitat for Humanity
We are in this business because we love homes. When we improve a home, we improve the quality of life for the people who live there. So when an opportunity arose to partner with Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland’s Women Build 2019, Case team members were excited to participate. Together, team members helped frame walls and install siding on a home in Capitol Heights, MD. Additionally, we raised over $6,700 for Habitat, which goes towards renovating and building new homes for low-income families in Maryland’s Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties.
Hurricane Relief Efforts
Case employees took up a collection to help those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Maria, raising over $8,600. The donations were split between the Houston Food Bank in Texas and Direct Relief International in Puerto Rico. Both organizations pledged 100 percent of donations to go to disaster relief.
Case Scholarship Fund
For nearly 20 years, Case has been awarding scholarship money to the children of Case team members who are entering their freshman year in college. Since its inception, Case has awarded more than 90 scholarships.
More Case Cares Projects:
- Sponsor of the 8th Annual Black and Blue Invitational in support of the Whitman High School Lacrosse Team
- Sponsor of the 2020 Bands on the Run Event
- Sponsor of a 2020 Arlington Babe Ruth Baseball Team
- Sponsor of the 2019 Wootton High School Dr. Michael Doran Memorial Golf Tournament
- Sponsor of the 2019 NARI Rebuilding Together Event
- Sponsor of the 2019 Potomac Soccer Association
- Sponsor of the 2019 Virginia Dance Studio Performance
- Sponsor of the District of Columbia Aquatics Club
- Sponsor of the 2019 Key School Auction
- Support Walt Whitman High School Post Prom
- Sponsor of the 2019 Beauvoir Scholarship Auction
- Sponsor of the 2019 Clara Barton Center for Children School Auction
- Sponsor of the 2019 Bannockburn Elementary School Fun Run
- Sponsor of the 2019 Shepherd’s Table Fundraising Gala
- Sponsor of the 2019 Treatment and Learning Center Auction
- Sponsor of the 2019 Bands on the Run Event
- Sponsor of the 2019 Wakefield Forest Elementary School Auction
- Sponsor of the 2019 Chevy Chase at Home Silent Auction
- Sponsor of the 2019 St. Andrew Apostle School Spirit 5K Race
- Sponsor of the 2018 “Celebrate Homestretch!” Auction and Gala
- Support James Madison High School Drama Department
- Support Walt Whitman High School
- Sponsored banners along Alexandria’s Art on The Avenue’s 2018 event route
- Donate items to Community Forklift
- Sponsor of the 2018 Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Washington, DC
- Hosted a Supply Drive Benefiting the Montgomery County Humane Society
- Sponsor of the Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind annual Shot in the Dark Classic
- Donated a silent auction item to the 2018 Bannockburn Elementary Auction and Social
- Sponsor of the 2018 Bannockburn Elementary Auction and Social
- Donated a silent auction item to Shepherd Elementary School‘s Annual Auction
- Sponsor of the Sligo Creek Golf Course Summer Music Series
- Donated a silent auction item to the Clara Barton Center for Children
- Sponsor of the 2018 Clara Barton Center for Children Annual Auction
- Sponsor of the 2018 Maury at the Market
- Sponsor of the 2018 Shepherd’s Table Spring Fundraiser
- Donated a silent auction item and sponsored the River School’s 2018 Rock the River Auction
- Sponsor of an Arlington Babe Ruth Baseball Team
- Donated a silent auction item to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Donated a silent auction item to the Glebe Elementary PTA Spring Auction and Social
- Donated a silent auction item and sponsored the Beauvoir School 2018 Silent Auction
- Sponsored a hole at Walt Whitman High School’s Lacrosse 2018 Golf Fundraiser
- Sponsor of the 2018 Bannockburn Elementary School Fun Run
- Donated a silent auction item and sponsored the Key School’s 2018 Silent Auction
- Donated a silent auction item to the Women’s Club of Chevy Case Silent Auction
- Sponsor of the 2018 St. Burnadette School’s Annual Gala
- Donated to the Winston Churchill Educational Foundation
- Sponsor of the 2018 St. Andrew Apostle School’s Spirit 5K
- Sponsor of the 2017 Gala in the Park honoring Maryland’s First Lady, Yuma Hogan, and the Town of Glen Echo. All proceeds from the Gala in the Park help build a strong future for the arts and educational programs at Glen Echo Park.
- Benefactor of the Cleveland Park Club Foundation which preserves the history and architecture of the Cleveland Park historic area.
- Sponsor of the 2017 Historic Alexandria Homes Tour with proceeds going to benefit the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit at Inova Alexandria Hospital.
- Sponsor of Youth Leadership Foundation’s Spirit of Service Award which recognizes leaders in the Washington metropolitan area for their devotion to character development and education.
- Case employees volunteered, through Hands on DC’s work-a-thons, at Payne Elementary School and Cardozo Senior High School.
- Case employees rode in the American Diabetes Association’s Tour de Cure Ride in Reston, Virginia.
- Partnered with Habitat for Humanity ReStore in an effort to recycle materials and appliances from remodeling projects.
- Donated a silent auction item to the Key School’s 2017 Key Country Spring Auction.
- Sponsored a hole at Walt Whitman High School’s Lacrosse 2017 Golf Fundraiser.
- Sponsored the Greenway and Seneca Creek Trail 50K and donated Case bags.
- Sponsored an ice cream truck for Cedar Lane Nursery School’s Picnic Day. Ice cream proceeds were donated to Ceder Lane Nursery School.
- Donated a Silent Auction item to St. James Catholic School’s Auction.
- Corporate Sponsor of Good Counsel High School.
- Sponsored Rock Creek Conservancy’s Rock Creek Gala.
- Sponsored banners along Alexandria’s Art on The Avenue’s 2017 event route.
- Sponsored James Madison High School’s Marching Band and the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department’s Vienna Turkey Trot.
- Sponsored Wootton High School’s Michael Doran Memorial Golf Tournament and donated to their Silent Auction.
- Sponsored ArtTable’s State of Art DC.
- Donated a Silent Auction item to Alexandria Neighborhood Health’s 20th Anniversary Celebration Gala.
- Sponsored St. Bernadette’s School’s 2017 Havana Nights Gala.
- Sponsored Clara Barton Center for Children’s School Auction.
- Sponsored Montgomery’s Musical Gala and Silent Auction supporting Real Food for Kids and donated a Silent Auction item.
- Sponsor for The Big Build at the National Building Museum with NARI.
- Sponsored a hole at Barnesville School’s Family Day at PB Dye’s Golf Event.
- Sponsored Ava Potter Pilcher Foundation’s Prana for Preemies.
- Donated to Bethesda Metro Area Village.
- Donated to Washington Area Women’s Foundation.